With Cinco de Mayo on Tuesday, I wanted to go ahead and post a little roundup of some of my fiesta-themed DIY projects and posts from year’s past.
- My Dog Piñata DIY is pretty hilarious (there’s also a video DIY HERE)
- Speaking of piñata – these Piñata Cupcakes are fun. However, in hindsight, I shouldn’t have used fondant; use AirHeads candy instead!
- This Paper Flower Crown DIY is still one of my favorite projects to date
- And if you’ve somehow not yet seen my Cactus Cupcakes, those would make for a fun dessert to serve at a fiesta
- There’s no DIY for my “Embroidered” Skull Cake, but as long as you have steady hands and lots of sprinkles you can figure it out
While I’m going to just stick to one fiesta-themed DIY for this year (the Sugar COOKIE Taco Bar, in case you missed it), some of my fellow creative DIY-blogging ladies have some pretty amazing DIY’s that would be just perfect for Cinco de Mayo. Here’s just a few of my faves:
- StudioDIY’s DIY Balloon Fiesta made me swoon
- I FREAKED out over this Avocado Donut. I mean…(I’m still speechless). A genius idea from both Sugar & Cloth and StudioDIY. Can’t wait to see how they made that perfect pit!
- My boyfriend and I made (and devoured) DesignLoveFest’s Cauliflower Tacos earlier this week. ¡Muy delicioso!
- I LOVE this Paper Flower Piñata from Lia Griffith