DIY: Candy Corn Sugar Cookies
I love these festive little candy corn sugar cookies. They are just so freaking cute! What makes them even better is that they are so simple to make and require minimal baking time. Here’s my DIY in 4 steps.
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- orange and yellow food color
1. Cream butter and sugar. Add the egg, vanilla, almond extract, and orange juice (all the wet ingredients). Beat on low-medium speed for 2 minutes until fluffy. Meanwhile, sift the flour, salt, and baking soda – stir to mix well. Slowly, add the dry ingredients to the wet mix while on low-speed. Mix well until dough is formed.
2. Divide dough into 3 bowls. Add the orange and yellow food coloring (separately) to the first and second bowl. Now you should have orange, yellow and white dough. Line a baking pan (I prefer a 9×5 loaf pan) with plastic wrap and layer the dough into one corner of the pan in this order: orange, white, yellow. Fold plastic wrap over the top and if necessary, shape dough into a brick. Refrigerate for a few hours.
3. Remove dough from fridge and slice dough – first horizontally and then cut into triangle (candy corn!) pieces.
4. Bake on a cookie pan at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes. Lining the pan with wax paper will help prevent browning on the bottom of the cookies. Make sure to keep a close eye on the candy corns in the oven as they bake quickly!
Let cool and ENJOY!
Pillows A-La-ModeOctober 11, 2012 at 9:26 am
BEAUTIFUL!!! Must try this! 🙂
lvbabyOctober 11, 2012 at 11:56 am
Comments are closed.